|2017 Housing Inventory Count and Point-in-Time Count Resources
(Correction – webinar is THURSDAY, November 10th – not Wednesday)
|The 2017 Housing Inventory Count (HIC) and Point-in-Time (PIT) count is coming up quickly. Communities should be involved in their planning process by now. Several HIC and PIT count resources are available now and more resources will be released in the coming weeks.
- 2017 HIC and PIT Count Notice: In August this year, HUD published the 2017 Notice for HIC and PIT Data Collection for Continuum of Care (CoC) and Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Programs. This document outlines the requirements for conducting the HIC and PIT counts in 2017.
- 2017 HIC and PIT Count Webinar: HUD will host a webinar on preparing for the 2017 HIC and PIT count on
Wednesday, Thursday, November 10, 2016 from 3:00-4:00 PM EST. The webinar will cover the 2017 Notice for HIC and PIT Data Collection for CoC and ESG Programs. It will highlight new reporting requirements and data collection guidance for the 2017 HIC and PIT Counts. During the presentation, webinar attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions related to the HIC/PIT Notice.To register for this webinar please select the following link: Register Now.
- This webinar will be recorded and made available for future reference.
- 2017 PIT Count Poster: The 2017 PIT Count Poster is for use by CoCs to promote awareness of the 2017 PIT count. There are 4 files for CoCs to use depending on different media needs, including a PDF, a general social media file, a file for Facebook, and a file for Twitter. The PDF image is in full color and is meant to be printed at 11″ x 17″. HUD has mailed a limited number of complimentary copies to CoCs but encourages CoCs to print additional copies as they deem fit to promote the count locally.
- Resources on Counting Youth Experiencing Homelessness: In the coming days, HUD will release tools to assist communities to count youth experiencing homelessness. HUD will send a listserv announcing those resources.
If you have questions about entering HIC or PIT count data that are not covered in this Notice, please submit them to the HDX Ask A Question (AAQ) portal on the HUD Exchange website. To submit a question to the HDX AAQ portal, select “HDX: Homelessness Data Exchange” from the “My question is related to” drop down list on Step 2 of the question submission process.