Free Training Presented by:
The Regional Homeless Councils and the Maine CoC Resource Committee
Equal Access to Housing in HUD Programs
Regardless of Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity
Mary L. Bonauto
Civil Rights Project Director
GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD)
Ophelia Hu Kinney
Communications Specialist for Reconciling Ministries Network
When- 9-11am, Friday, September 13, 2019
Locations: Live presentation at Maine Housing Authority, 353 Water Street, Augusta
Additional “Go to Meeting” group sites with video are available at:
- Community Health and Counseling Services, 42 Cedar St., Rm. 304 in Bangor
- Shalom House, 106 Gilman St. in Portland
- Sunrise Economic Council, 7 Ames Way in Machias
If you are unable to attend one of the in-person locations, please register for the GoToWebinar at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5844960233592605443
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
This training will cover:
- Ways you can create a more welcoming and safer environment for LGBTQ persons
- Learn the basic concepts and expectations of the HUD Equal Access to Housing rules
- What rights are covered under this rule for individuals regardless of their sexual orientation and in accordance with the individual’s gender identity, and in a manner that affords equal access to the individual’s family.
- Go to https://www.hudexchange.info/resource/1991/equal-access-to-housing-final-rule/for more background information on the Equal Access rules
Who should attend?
Landlords, housing providers, shelter staff, General Assistance staff, case managers, and anyone who is concerned about the fair treatment and equal protection of the housing rights of LGBTQ persons.
Any questions, contact: Resource Committee Co-Chairs, Mike Mooney: gro.e1569238719niamn1569238719igebw1569238719en@ye1569238719noomm1569238719