This is a reminder that the Maine Continuum of Care will be meeting on Thursday, October 19, 2017 from 1:00 to 3:00. Please see the agenda for details including a list of teleconferencing locations where you can participate. Please only use the phone-in option if you are not able to make it to one of the teleconferencing sites.
This is a reminder that the Statewide Homeless Council will be meeting next Tuesday, October 10th, 2017 from 9:30 to 2:00 at MaineHousing, 353 Water Street in Augusta. There is also a call in option for those not able to attend in person. Please see the Agenda for details. Minutes here are from August. September minutes will be posted once approved. Also included here is a revised version of the Maine Prioritization Chart that will be reviewed and possibly put to a vote on Tuesday.
Below are details regarding some additional items that will be discussed hopefully put to a vote at tomorrow’s MCOC Meeting.
Project Scoring and Ranking Results
All Projects were Scored using the New and Renewal Scoring Tools developed by the Project Committee and approved by the full MCOC. Projects were then Ranked according to the protocols approved by the full MCOC: Renewal Projects at the top, then “First Time” renewals, and then New Projects. Please note that there were issues with the Monitoring and Scoring of the MaineHousing TBRA first time renewal project that will be discussed tomorrow. Please see the MCOC Project Ranking Chart below.
MCOC Governance Updates
Our Governance was last updated in July 2017 after the Merger of PCOC and MCOC. Upon review, there are a few items that need to be added: 1) details regarding the Youth Committee; 2) the Process for Involuntary Reallocation (inadvertently left out of the last draft); 3) designation of this site (www.mainehomelessplanning.org) as the official MCOC web address. Here is a link to the Full Revised Governance, but please note the language specific to items one and two below.
- Youth Committee – This committee, formally known as The Maine Homeless Youth Provider Group (MHYPG) is a Joint Standing Committee of the Maine Continuum of Care (MCoC) and the Statewide Homeless Council (SWHC). It was formed in collaboration with several Maine agencies (DHHS, DOE & DOC) and youth serving organizations to address the need for a statewide strategy to meet the needs of youth who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, as well as to advocate for policy change to improve systems of care for those youth. This committee is an action oriented group that collects, organizes, and shares information regarding all homeless youth in Maine. We work to ensure that there is a system of services in place for youth who are identified as homeless or at risk of homelessness that follows best practices and meets federal and state standards of care. We work to improve communication between provider agencies and coordinate care across the state so that youth have access to shelter, outreach and transitional living services.
This Youth Committee exists to:
- Build awareness of best practices for serving homeless and at risk of homeless youth, and disseminate that information to provider agencies.
- Creating opportunities for youth voice to be present and/or represented in policies and decisions regarding systems, services and programs that directly impact their lives.
- Advocate for policies that improve access to resources for homeless and at risk of homeless youth.
- Create opportunities for coordination of services between state agencies and youth serving organizations.
- To serve as an expert resource on youth homelessness to the MCoC, SWHC and Maine State Agencies.
- Stay abreast of current national initiatives aimed at ending and preventing youth homelessness and advocate on a statewide level for the pursuit of resources to end and prevent youth homelessness in Maine.
2. Involuntary Reallocation
Involuntary reallocations include any renewal projects that are entirely eliminated by the CoC, or that have their possible renewal funding reduced by the CoC. The CoC may pursue involuntary reallocation for renewal projects for multiple reasons, such as unspent funds, repeated negative findings during the annual monitoring process, or scoring very low during the recent MCOC renewal competition.
This is a reminder that the Maine Continuum of Care will be meeting this Thursday, September 21, 2017, from 1:00 to 3:00 PM (maybe longer). Please see the Agenda for details including Tandberg and call-in information.
The 2017 NOFA Application deadline is September 28. This will be the last regularly scheduled full MCOC meeting prior to the deadline, so this will be the last chance for the full group to review the information and either vote to approve it, or authorize the Steering Committee and/or Board of Directors to finalize and approve it.
(stay tuned – additional materials may be posted tomorrow)
Congratulations Continuum of Care Applicants!
This is to inform everyone that the Maine Continuum of Care Selection Committee has reviewed all New and Renewal applications requesting funding through MCOC in this year’s NOFA competition and there were NO project applications rejected.
ALL Project Applications are being recommended for inclusion in the MCOC Project Priority Listing that will be submitted to HUD along with the Continuum’s full Application. All Project Applicants have been contacted by email and informed of their individual results.
Further details regarding scoring and ranking results will be provided at the next full meeting MCOC Meeting on September 21. The full agenda and additional information will be posted here on www.mainehomelessplanning.org prior to the meeting.
SHC Agenda added to previous posts
Please see the attached flyer for NEW LOCATION information.
This is a reminder that all New and Renewal Applications for the FY2017 Maine Continuum of Care Program Competition must be submitted in esnaps by next Wednesday, August 30, 2017 in order be included in this years scoring, ranking and selection process.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact stibbitts @mainehousing. org. You may also want to refer to previous 2017 NOFA related posts which include links to HUD sites where you will find additional instructions and guidance.
This is a reminder that the Maine Continuum of Care will be meeting Thursday, August 17, 2017 from 1:00 to 3:00 (maybe a bit longer).
Please see the Agenda for details, including a list of Tandberg Teleconferencing locations where you can join the meeting. Please only use the ‘call-in-only’ option if you are not able to make it to one of the Tandberg locations.
Other information to be discussed at the meeting is available below, including a list of weekly NOFA Committee meetings that begin this Friday, August 11. The NOFA Committee is made up of the Steering Committee and ANYONE else who is interested in participating.
This is a reminder that the Statewide Homeless Council will be meeting on Tuesday, August 8, 2017, from 9:30 to 2:00 at MaineHousing, 353 Water Street in Augusta. Please see the agenda for details, including a call in number for those not able to attend in person. Minutes here are from June. July minutes will be posted once approved.