Please let us know the top four trainings you would like the Maine Continuum of Care to provide in 2019 which would benefit your clients and/or staff.
Click on link below to submit your choices.
Attached are the Resource Committee minutes from November 1, 2018.
Dear Coordinated Entry Participant,
On behalf of the CE Subcommittee, after much deliberation and listening to CES partners, the CoC Board has approved a “pause” in the Triage and Diversion portion of Coordinated Entry. This pause will provide time to build a better system coupling what we learned with this experience with emerging best practices.
What the pause means:
- CE partners are not required to complete or enter into HMIS any Triage and Diversion In other words, what is commonly misidentified as “Coordinated Entry,” the initial Triage and Diversion entry assessment (copy attached) does not have to be completed.
What to do during the pause:
- Continue to facilitate soft landings for persons entering the homeless response system. Help refer to the best available resource and guide people seeking shelter to community resources with warm handoffs
- Bring your voice and participate in CoC meetings big and small.
Please accept this as official notice to pause the Triage and Diversion portion of Coordinated Entry.
Thank you for your consideration,
- The Coordinated Entry Subcommittee
Vickey Rand, Josh D’Alessio, Derek Morin, Erin Kelley, Leah Bruns, Mary Wade, Melody Fitch, Rachel Boyce, Scott Tibbitts, Veronica Ross, and Virginia Dill
|Joshua B. D’Alessio, MHA LADC
Manager of Homeless Initiatives
WISH Program Manager
Hope House Health & Living Center
179 – 181 Corporate Drive, Bangor, ME 04401
NAEH Emergency Shelter Learning Series
“Getting Your Board on Board with Low-Barrier, Housing Focused Shelter.”
Making the shift to adopt housing first, low-barrier, and housing-focused shelter practices can be both exciting and scary, especially for your Board of Directors. Boards have many duties and responsibilities paramount among them is fundraising, advocacy, and community-building. Supporting operational practices like requiring shelter doors be open to everyone, save for a health or safety reason, dropping program requirements in exchange for services, and dedicating all staff’s time to finding housing for guests can be daunting. Listen to shelter operators who made this shift and how they educated and encouraged their Boards to adopt shelter best practices to seize opportunities for increased performance and outcomes as well as community and funder support.
The webinar will take place on December 13, 2018 from 2:00-3:00pm Eastern Time. To register visit: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4991650144271299339.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Senior Technical Assistance Specialist
National Alliance to End Homelessness
1518 K Street NW, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20005
All ESG & CoC funded programs are strongly encouraged to attend.
Please join HUD and CSH to discuss the implementation of HUD’s Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Final Rule in Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) and Continuum of Care (CoC) Programs. The VAWA Final Rule expands housing protections for survivors of domestic abuse, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking in CoC and ESG projects. The rule was created to help ensure all individuals have access to a safe home without the fear of violence and to reduce the risk of homelessness among survivors. Learn more about:
- The protections and rights outlined in the rule including the protection from refusal of assistance, termination of assistance, or eviction based on being a survivor
- A survivor’s right to an emergency transfer when there is a safe and available unit
- The option to bifurcate a lease to help keep a survivor safely housed
The webinar will provide a full overview of the rule, specifically targeted to recipients of ESG and CoC funds.
VAWA Housing Protections – Implementation within ESG and CoC Programs Webinar
Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Time: 1:00 PM EST
Register for this webinar.