This is a reminder that the Maine Continuum of Care will be meeting on Thursday, March 15, 2018 from 1:00 to 3:00 at several locations as listed on the agenda, below, and by conference call for those not able to attend at one of the teleconferencing sites. Additional links will bring you to the Minutes from our previous meeting and other materials that will be discussed on Thursday.
Please note – a portion of the meeting will include a “Walk-Through” of the Coordinated Entry process in HMIS.
DRAFT 2-16-18 MCOC Minutes
Portland ESG budget proposal 18-19
State and Federal Legislation Update 3.5.18
The Statewide Homeless Council Meeting that was scheduled for March 13, 2018 has been canceled in anticipation of bad weather.
The Maine Homeless Veteran Action Committee approved the February 6th Meeting Minutes and January month end By Name List Report at the March 6, 2018 meeting.
1.31.18 By Name List Report
2.6.18-HVAC Meeting Minutes
The next meeting of the Maine Homeless Veteran Action Committee will be April 3, 2018 from 1pm-3pm. Please email Rob Liscord, Committee Chair for more information about either the meeting or the goal of the committee: rliscord @preblestreet.org
This is a reminder that the Maine Continuum of Care will be meeting on Thursday, February 15, 2018 from 1:00 to 3:00. Please see the agenda for location and call-in details. Please note that the Bangor Public Library will not be available this month (or next) so we anticipate more people will be trying to call in. Please only call in if you absolutely cannot attend at one of the teleconferencing locations. In addition to the agenda, other information and materials for the meeting are available through the links below.
DRAFT 1-18-18 MCOC Minutes
State and Federal Legislation Update 2.5.18
Minutes of MCOC Steering Committee 2-5-18
Please click the link below for a copy of the minutes from the most recent MCOC Steering Committee Meeting.
Minutes of MCOC Steering Committee 2-5-18
Following up on the Annual Update: State of Veteran Homelessness meeting. The Maine Homeless Veteran Action Committee’s monthly steering meeting will focus on setting next steps for 2018.
Maine Homeless Veteran Action Committee Meeting
When: Tuesday February 6, 1pm-3pm
Where: Preble Street Main Office, Third Floor, 38 Preble Street Portland, Maine 04101.
Call in Info:Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/966806869
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3311
Access Code: 966-806-869
Materials for Review: 2018 Annual Update on Veteran Homelessness in Maine; 2.6.17 HVAC Agenda; 1.9.18 HVAC Meeting Minutes
The Maine Homeless Veterans Action Committee (ME HVAC), the Veteran Committee of the Maine Continuum of Care (MCOC), formed as a collaboration of several agencies and organizations to ensure that Veteran homelessness is rare, brief and non-recurring and was adopted as a committee of the MCOC in 2016.
The Resource Committee of the Maine COC in partnership with ESAC and the city of Portland is pleased to present a free training on fair housing law with Maine’s premier expert, Patricia Ender with Pine Tree Legal Assistance. Please join us!
What: Understanding Fair Housing Laws in Maine
When: February 14th, 2018, 10am-12noon
Where: City of Portland, 196 Lancaster Street, Portland, ME 04101
RSVP to Matt Pryor
City of Portland Adult Services (207) 482-5141
mpryor@ portlandmaine.gov Fair Housing Flyer
The Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the FY 2017 Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) has been posted to the YHDP page on the HUD Exchange.
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM EST
- YHDP is an initiative designed to address systemic responses to youth homelessness and significantly reduce the number of youth experiencing homelessness in 11 participating communities (5 of which will be rural).
- HUD strongly encourages all communities to consider applying. Applications will be submitted through grants.gov (and not through e-snaps).
- Carefully and thoroughly read the YHDP NOFA to clearly understand the program expectations, requirements, rating and ranking factors before applying. The FY 2017 NOFA is similar to the FY 2016 NOFA, but there are important changes; please make sure to thoroughly read the new NOFA to understand the changes.
- This Application is for your community’s participation in the initiative only. Project funding applications will only be submitted by communities selected to participate.
- This Application must be submitted by a community’s Continuum of Care (CoC) Collaborative Applicant, but must be co-developed with a broad array of community partners, including a youth advisory board*, a state or local child welfare agency*, youth homelessness housing and service providers, local schools districts, workforce development organizations, law enforcement, judges, corrections, and more.
*formal participation agreement required.
Links to the NOFA, the AAQ portal, and additional resources can found on the YHDP page.
This is a reminder that the Maine Continuum of Care will be meeting this Thursday, January 18, 2018 from 1:00 to 3:00 PM. Please see the Agenda, attached, for meeting locations and other details. Other materials we will be reviewing at the meeting are also linked below.
DRAFT 12-21-17 MCOC Minutes
State and Federal Legislation Update 12.26.17
1.9.18 – (Final)- HVAC CE-Assessment-Project Admission PP
FYSB info from Chris
Final Rule 2016-30241 FYSB (35 pages – only print if you really need this information)
2018 Meeting Dates for SHC, MCOC, BOD & RHCs